You can send letters and photos. Packages like magazines and books and food must be sent directly from approved suppliers. Please keep in mind all mail is opened and searched prior to delivery and it must contain the person’s DOC number.
Allegheny County Jail
950 Second Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Getting someone money in the Jail
Family and friends can deposit money into their loved one’s account, and an inmate can send funds from the account to family or an attorney. Remaining funds will be returned upon release. You’ll have to be on the visiting list or be listed as an emergency contact to send funds.
- Deposit funds in-person using the kiosks in the Jail lobby
- Send a money order through the mail. Write the person’s DOC number on the money order (if it’s over $100, it’ll be placed on 10-day hold)
- Place funds by calling 1-866-345-1884, or through Access Corrections
Want to visit or contact someone in a state correctional facility?
- Check the PA Department of Correction’s (DOC) website
- Use the DOC inmate/parole locater tool to help you find someone
- Prepare for your visit
Stay connected with your child while in jail
Talk to your jail caseworker or jail corrections officer to find out about the following:
- A systems advocate to see to the needs of your child.
- The Family Activity Center for you and your child as you wait for your visit.
- Contact The Director’s Action Line (DAL) to ask questions or to register your concerns about the needs of your child.