Substance use ongoing support

Start with your health insurer.

If you have private health insurance, look at the back of your insurance card for a phone number for drug and alcohol services.

Call and ask if assessments are covered and if you’re referred to treatment, what treatments are covered and for how long.

Find additional resources below.

Resources for Ongoing Support

If you have Medical Assistance (Called HealthChoices in Allegheny County)

24/7 hotline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).

Call Community Care Behavioral Health at 1-800-553-7499. If you are over 65, under 19, pregnant, a parent, low-income, or have a disability, you may qualify for Medical Assistance.

Find a COMPASS Community Partner to assist you.

1. Assessment – done by a professional and usually consists of a questionnaire or screening. You may have to take a drug test.

2. Find a treatment center near you.
For some people using medication in combination with counseling is necessary for recovery. Find centers offering medicated-assisted treatment.

3. Ongoing support
Allegheny Peer Support Warmline
866-661-WARM (9276) Daily 9AM-1AM
Certified Peer Specialist
Talk to someone with similar experiences who has been trained in recovery and wellness.
New Horizons Drop-In Center
412-766-8060 Monday-Friday 9AM to 5 PM
616 Lincoln Avenue
Bellevue, PA 15202

  • Peer support
  • Free meals

The Warm and Friendly Calling Program
Arrange for a peer to call you on a weekly or daily basis for support.

Perinatal Hope at Allegheny Health Network
Help with addiction in a a safe, judgement-free space. Counseling, group support, medicated-assisted treatment and care for babies.

Pregnancy Recovery Center at Magee-Women’s Hospital of UPMC
Obstetrics and prenatal care, counseling and medication-assisted treatment.

Sojourner House
In-patient residential treatment for moms struggling with addiction and their children.

Alcohol Use Screening

The Allegheny County Department of Human Services sponsors a self-administered online screening tool. Anyone can take this online screening to assess their use of alcohol free and confidentially.

Some supports are only available to specific individuals. If you’re a young or older adult, a veteran, an immigrant or identify as LGBTQIA+, look for these lightbulbs throughout the site.



Immigrants & Internationals

Turtle Creek Valley MH/MR
Support for drug and alcohol abuse and more.
Call 412-351-0222